– Reports HSE incidents to the Global BU HSE Manager. Feeds back on lessons learned and best practices from BU Transformers in the Americas. Reports progress on implementation of ABB Group Sustainability objectives and key performance indicators (KPIs), as required.
– Ensures BU Transformers in the Americas is audited according to program for audit. Conduct BU audits as required.
– Facilitates HSE risks assessment by line management involving shop floor employees, and ensures all processes are implemented.
– Engages external (e.g. customers, suppliers and other stakeholders) and internal stakeholders in order to report on, raise awareness and gain commitment on ABB’s HSE efforts and performance and obtain objective feedback.
– Cooperates with other functions and business partners to drive HSE performance in the Americas.
– University level education in a relevant discipline (e.g. electrical engineering, industrial manufacturing/processes).
– Minimum 8+ years of experience in HSE function in industrial manufacturing setting.
– Excellent knowledge of general HSE regulatory requirements (OHSAS18001 / ISO14001).
– Fluency (Spoken/written) in 2 languages, at a minimum: English plus another language pertinent to the Region (French, Spanish or Portuguese).
– Capable of working autonomously with remote and global teams and delivering in complex working environments
– Team player with creative thinking, systematic and very good problem solving skills.
– Strong interest for multicultural working environments.
– Willing to travel a maximum of 30% of the time, involving some weekends.